ASUS WebStorage offers a convenient way to share files and folders stored in the cloud with others, including those who don't have an ASUS Cloud ID. This can be achieved by using the "Public Share" function available in the Sharing Settings.
- Log in to the ASUS WebStorage for Web.
- Right-click on the file or folder you want to share.
- Select [Share].
- In the Sharing Settings, set the Link Setting to [Public Share].
- You can either copy the shared link or click the letter symbol next to the link to notify them by email.
Access permission settings
When sharing a file/folder, you can customize the access permissions of the shared party. This can be done by clicking the pencil icon next to the link.
- View and Download: This option allows the shared party to view and download the file.
- View Only: This option only allows the shared party to view the file, but not to download it.
Link security settings
To ensure the security of your shared file/folder, you can set up password protection and an expiration date for the shared link.
- Setting a password:
- To set a password for the shared link, click on the Link Security Settings button located below the link. Enter the password in the "Link password setting" field. If you need to change or reset the password, turn off the Set Password button first and then turn it on again.
- Setting the expiration date:
- To set an expiration date for the shared link, click on the Link Security Settings button. In the "Link Expiration Date" field, select the expiry date of the link. Once the expiration date is reached, the link will automatically close, enhancing the security of the shared files.