This article provides an explanation of how to utilize ASUS WebStorage for file storage and synchronization across multiple devices.
Accessing files on various devices
By storing your files in ASUS WebStorage, you can access them from various devices, including:
- ASUS WebStorage for Web through a web browser.
- ASUS WebStorage desktop application - ASUS WebStorage Sync or Remote Drive.
- ASUS WebStorage Mobile App on your mobile devices.
What is synchronization in ASUS WebStorage?
The synchronization process involves uploading files from your computer to the cloud and downloading files from the cloud to your computer. By utilizing the "MySyncFolder," all files will remain updated and synchronized across multiple devices. Any additions, modifications, or deletions made in one location will result in the same change in all other locations.
Comparing ASUS WebStorage Sync and Remote Drive
When using ASUS WebStorage Sync to synchronize your files from the cloud to your computer, it is important to note that the files will be saved to the computer's hard drive and occupy disk space. However, if you prefer not to consume hard drive space, you may use Remote Drive, which stores your files on a virtual hard disk.
Please note that ASUS WebStorage Sync and Remote Drive cannot be installed simultaneously on the same computer and that Remote Drive is only available to paid users.
- Log in with your ASUS Cloud ID and password.
- A desktop shortcut will automatically be created to quickly access the "MySyncFolder".
- You can start duplicating or dragging files/folders into the "MySyncFolder". All files/folders in the "MySyncFolder" will be synchronized between the cloud and your computers.
- After synchronization is completed, view your files/folders in the ASUS WebStorage for Web, located under "MySyncFolder".
Remote Drive is only supported on Windows operating systems.
- Click on the Remote Drive icon on your Desktop.
- Log in to Remote Drive using your ASUS Cloud ID and password.
- Configure your Remote Drive:
- Selecting desired folders: Check the boxes of folders (MySyncFolder, CloudOnlyFiles, Share To Me, or ProjectSpace (ASUS WebStorage business plan only)) to display on the computer.
- Drive letter and name configuration:
- Choose a drive letter from the drop-down list.
- Change the drive name by entering a new name in the Drive name field.
- Automatic login upon system reboot: Check the "Auto starts when system reboots" box in the bottom-left corner of the window to automatically log in every time your computer starts.
- Sign in to Remote Drive.
- Open File Explorer >[This PC]>[MySyncFolder].
- Duplicate or drag files/folders into the "MySyncFolder". All files/folders in the "MySyncFolder" will be synchronized between the cloud and your computer.
- After synchronization is complete, you can view the files/folders in the ASUS WebStorage web version under "MySyncFolder".
For information on synchronizing files through ASUS WebStorage for Web version, please refer to the article in the Support Center titled "Uploading files and folders to ASUS WebStorage for Web".
For information on synchronizing files through the ASUS WebStorage Mobile App, please refer to the article in the Support Center titled "Uploading files to ASUS WebStorage from mobile devices".
Synchronizing files to a new computer
ASUS WebStorage can synchronize your files to a new computer. Once your files are synchronized from your computer to the cloud, you can access them on your new device through the ASUS WebStorage for Web. Additionally, you can download and install the ASUS WebStorage Sync/Remote Drive and allow files to be automatically synchronized to your computer.