This article explains how you can store your files in ASUS WebStorage and sync them between your devices.
Access files on any device
When you store files in ASUS WebStorage, you can access them from any device, including:
Using ASUS WebStorage web version via a browser.
Using ASUS WebStorage Mobile App on your phones or tablets.
Syncing is the process of uploading files from your computer and downloading files from the cloud. All the files you store in “MySyncFolder” will always be up to date and synchronized across multiple devices. Therefore, if you add, edit, or delete a file in one location, the same change happens in the other location.
How to start syncing files?
When you use Sync APP to sync your files from the cloud to your PC, the files will be saved to the computer’s hard drive, so they use space. If you do not want your hard drive space to be taken up, you can use the other ASUS WebStorage Desktop APP-Remote Drive. With Remote Drive, your files will be saved to the virtual hard disk.
Sync APP and Remote Drive can not be installed at the same time on your PC.
Remote Drive is only available for paid users.
How to sync files via Sync APP?
2. Log in to Sync APP with your ASUS Cloud ID and password.
3. After logging in, a desktop shortcut will be automatically set up, and it helps you rapidly enter MySyncFolder.
4. You can start duplicating or dragging files/folders into MySyncFolder, and all the files/folders in MySyncFolder will be synchronized between the cloud and your PC.
5. After the synchronization is complete, you can see the files/folders in ASUS WebStorage web version>MySyncFolder.
How to sync files via Remote Drive?
Remote Drive is only supported on Windows operating systems.
2. Click on the Remote Drive icon on your Desktop.
3. Log in to Remote Drive with your ASUS Cloud ID and password.
4. Set up your Remote Drive:
Tick on the checkboxes of the folders (MySyncFolder, CloudOnlyFiles, Share To Me, or ProjectSpace (ASUS WebStorage business plan only) you would like them to display on your computer.
You can select a drive letter in the drop-down list and change the drive name by filling in the Drive name field.
After completing the settings, tick the "Auto starts when system reboots" checkbox in the lower-left corner of the window, and you will automatically login in each time you start your PC.
5. Click [Sign in].
6. Open File Explorer >[This PC]>[MySyncFolder].
7. Duplicating or dragging files/folders into MySyncFolder, and all the files/folders in MySyncFolder will be synchronized between the cloud and your PC.
8. After the synchronization is complete, you can see the files/folders in ASUS WebStorage web version>MySyncFolder.
How to sync files via the ASUS WebStorage web version?
You can refer to this article in Support Center - How to upload files/folders to ASUS WebStorage web version?
How to sync files via the ASUS WebStorage mobile app?
You can refer to this article in Support Center - How to upload files to ASUS WebStorage from your phone or tablet?
Can ASUS WebStorage sync my files to a new computer?
Yes. After your files are synchronized from your PC to the cloud, you can access your data on your new device via the ASUS WebStorage web version. Besides, you can also download and install Sync APP/ Remote Drive and let files automatically synchronize to your PC.