With ASUS WebStorage Sync, you can easily change the sync path for your MySyncFolder, SharedToMeFolder, and ProjectSpace. This article will guide you through the process of changing the sync path in ASUS WebStorage Sync for Mac, allowing you to select a specific folder to synchronize your files.
- To avoid potential synchronization issues, please avoid setting the sync folder as follows:
- External hard drive folder
- The entire root of a drive
- The entire Desktop directory
Before making any modifications to the sync path, it is essential to ensure that there is no synchronization in progress to prevent any data loss or other adverse effects.
By default, ASUS WebStorage Sync stores synchronized files in the following locations:
- MySyncFolder：\Users\username\ASUS\ASUS WebStorage\ASUS Cloud ID\MySyncFolder
- SharedToMeFolder： \Users\username\ASUS\ASUS WebStorage\ASUS Cloud ID\ShareToMe
- ProjectSpace(ASUS WebStorage for business only)： \Users\username\ASUS\ASUS WebStorage\ASUS Cloud ID\ProjectSpace
To change the sync path:
- Locate the icon on the Mac menu bar and right-click on it.
- Select [Preferences].
- On the [Preferences] page, click on the [Sync] tab.
- Choose between [Folders to sync], [ProjectSpace], or [Share folder] at the top of the screen.
- Under the section labeled "[... folder path]", click on [Change].
- In the pop-up window, click on [Browse] and select the new sync folder.
- Click on [Setup is complete].
- Once the sync path is changed, the files and folders under the previous path will be moved to the new location.