With ASUS WebStorage Sync, you can easily change the sync path for your MySyncFolder, SharedToMeFolder, and ProjectSpace.
This article will guide you through the process of changing the sync path in ASUS WebStorage Sync for Windows, allowing you to select a specific folder to synchronize your files.
- To avoid potential synchronization issues, please avoid setting the sync folder as follows:
- External hard drive folder.
- The entire root of a drive (such as C:\ or D:).
- The entire Desktop directory (C:\Users\username\Desktop).
- Before making any modifications to the sync path, it is essential to ensure that there is no synchronization in progress to prevent any data loss or other adverse effects.
By default, ASUS WebStorage Sync stores synchronized files in the following locations:
- MySyncFolder: C:\ASUS WebStorage\ ASUS Cloud ID\MySyncFolder\
- SharedToMeFolder: C:\ASUS WebStorage\ ASUS Cloud ID\CollaborationFolder\
- ProjectSpace (ASUS WebStorage for business only): C:\ASUS WebStorage\ASUS Cloud ID\Project Space\
Changing the sync path
- Find the icon in the Windows taskbar and right-click on it.
- Click on the [Settings] option to access the settings menu.
- In the left-side menu, choose the option from [Sync], [ProjectSpace], or [Share], according to your requirements.
- Click the [Change] button under the [......Location] section.
- In the Directory setting" window, select the [Browse] button to choose a new sync folder.
- Choose the desired new sync folder and click [Confirm].
- Once you have clicked "Confirm," the sync path will be updated, and all the files and folders under the previous sync path will be moved to the new path.